UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Monday, February 22, 2016

My Journey To Better With #PersonalTrainerFood - Week 4


#PersonalTrainerFood


This was my fourth and final week with Personal Trainer Food. I can't believe 28 days has passed so quickly!
I feel so differently than just four weeks ago. When I started, I was nervous that I could follow the program and succeed. Now I'm nervous, but also excited. Nervous to retain the knowledge I have learned and so excited to continue getting fit.

 They say it takes about two weeks for something to become a habit - a good or bad one. In general I can agree with that. We repeat doing something and before we know it, it is routine and we rarely think about it. Sugar is going to be the exception for me. It's been four weeks of retraining myself to eat for the better and I have largely succeeed, but the smell of a familiar sweet or dessert still tempts me. I have to admit this will likely always be a struggle for me. I can not say I will NEVER indulge in small treat once in awhile, but I will be much more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth, in my body.

It will be a little bit of a struggle to keep up the habit of exercising everyday. I have done really well for 4 weeks... I only missed 2 or 3 days where I didn't get any walking done. I am trying hard to make the walking a habit as well. I remind myself how good I have felt since I have been keeping my body moving. The joint pain that has disappeared, I don't feel groggy or drug out, I get up every day feeling refreshed,  my skin is clear, the positiveness I feel... and those Santa pictures. All pretty good motivation to keep moving!

I have deliberatelty avoided the workout clothes I wore for my "before" photos. I wanted to see the difference at the end. To give some background I bought these years ago, but they have always been too tight to be comfortable. I was always on the go and "active" and they still didn't fit. Despite being busy, I wasn't eating good and wasn't actually getting meaningful exercise. So here goes.... here are my "before" shots.













And the "After"....I'm not sure my photos show it well, but the waistband of the pants is still a little tight, but not totally unbearably so. Where the shirt was pulled tight across my shest before, now it slipped right on and was actually comfortable.












I have lost right at 12 pounds. In 4 weeks! I lost 4 inches from my waist, 2 inches off my hips and 1.5 inches off my upper arms. I forget to measure my thighs but I can definitely see that there is more definition, they are smoother and my (regular) pants are much looser in that area. I am stunned. I knew I had lost a little, but that is more than I would have guessed. I still have more to go. I know I'm no supermodel. Never will be. Don't want to be. I just want to feel good about myself and keep feeling as good as I have been this last month. And I want to be able to fit into regular clothes. I had become despondent about buying clothes. It was something I absolutely hated and only did it out of absolute neccesity. Like when the thread and fabric had rotted and they had holes in them that looked like I had giant junky moths living in my closet. My normal size was starting to feel tight and I was having trouble with buttons creating gaping holes. I was incredibly excited when I bought shirts last week. One was even a size smaller than I normally wear. There wasn't a gaping button to be found! I am determined to go down at least a few more sizes. 













This experience has changed me. For the better. It gave me a kick in the butt that I needed. I have changed my mindset, how I think about myself and the words "can't" and "don't" have become minimized in my vocabulary. Seeing the positive results is at once mind-blowing and energizing. I hate to keep using the words great and wonderful, but there's not many other ways I can describe how I am feeling. This program gets you eating less, feeling fuller, longer and breaks the sugar habit. I'm just so excited by the positive changes that have occurred. I wish everyone could feel THIS good! 

Oh, and my wedding ring fits again! :)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You can read my whole Personal Trainer Food experience by visiting my previous posts:

The Beginning
Week One
Week Two
Week Three

If you are ready for a change, you can start your own exciting journey by visiting Personal Trainer Food. You'll be supported every step of the way by people that know what you're going through and are there for you. 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclosure: I received products from Personal Trainer Food for the purpose of review. The opinions expressed are 100% my own based on my usage of the product. Your opinion and experience may differ.

No comments: