UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Friday, May 9, 2014

Facing Fears


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have had a rough couple of weeks and I find myself repeating a variation of that last line to myself. When I am facing something that scares me or I don't want to do, my mind begins chanting "You must do the thing that scares you most". It's part pep talk, but it reminds me that I do have the courage. It may be buried but it's there. It makes what seems huge and impossible, a little smaller and reminds me that I have to push through it to get to the other side.

What do you do to help yourself get through rough times or the situations that frighten you?


No comments: