UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Decoupage Egg and Painted Basket Craft


I have made so many crafts over the years I can't even remember them all. This is one of them I hadn't thought about in a long time. I made this egg for my husband's Grandmother and she kept it on a shelf in her kitchen where she saw it nearly everyday. After she passed away several years ago, it was given back to me. I had put it away so it wouldn't get broken and came across it again the other day. 

It is a real egg. A regular white egg. I blew the insides out. I cut the flowers from a some wrapping paper and decoupaged them individually onto the egg.


The basket was a pre-made paper mache I picked up at Walmart WAY back when. It has been awhile, but I believe I simply sponge panted it with the pink and purple. I painted the inside green to match the Easter grass and trimmed the edges in gold.

I love making things, or trying to make things, with eggs. I think I like the challenge of trying not to break it!
This is something you can make with your older little crafters. You will probably have to blow the egg for them if they have never done it, but it makes a neat permanent Easter egg!

No comments: