UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Thursday, January 1, 2015

#TBT - Throw Back Thursday- Old Toys

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Today's old toys have been with me for a long, long time, as most of mine have. I don't remember how old I was when I got the Wile E Coyote. I do remember we were traveling and my Dad bought him for me at a convenience store/gas station. He's quite threadbare and feels pretty fragile now. His head is floppy and he feels like he might fall apart at the seams at any moment. I loved this little guy and carried him everywhere for several years. He has weathered many moves and adorned my bedrooms in several states.

The little red doll was my first sewing project. I think I was in fourth grade. He is a felt material. He is sewed with a blanket stitch all the way around the edge. I remember digging through a pile of buttons our teacher had provided to find matching ones. A few years ago I got him out to realize one of his eyes had fallen off. Other than being one-eyed, he is in pretty good shape. I was always a little proud of him and thought he was cute. :) I wish I could say my sewing skills had improved over the years. :)

No comments: