UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Pork Chop Recipe

I was trying to find a good pork chop recipe for dinner last night. I found several on the Betty Crocker site, but ultimately I was missing an ingredient or 4 to make any of those! So I improvised. I failed to get any photos of what I did. I was too hungry and anxious that my guys would like whatever I came up with. So here's what I did.

Ingredients
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

3 or 4 Tablespoons of butter
Dash of garlic powder (optional)
Dash of onion salt (optional)
Dash of pepper (optional)
Dash of poppy seeds (optional)
Boneless pork chops (I cooked 4)
3 or 4 medium Potatoes, peeled, cut in half and then into quarters
Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce, Creamy Roasted Garlic 

Directions
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Peel and cut potatoes; put pieces in a bowl until ready to add.
Begin melting the butter in the pan over medium heat. While the butter is  is melting, add the garlic salt onion salt pepper and poppy seeds, if you wish to. Once butter is melted, add the pork chops to the pan. Let them brown, about 4 minutes, then flip and brown the other side. Once browned add the potatoes to the pan and pour the Progresso Recipe Starter over it. The Progresso Sauce is quite thick so you may need to add a couple tablespoons of water. Make sure it coats everything well.
Let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to your liking.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

NOTES:


* You don't have to add the garlic powder, onion salt, and poppy seeds. You can also use fresh garlic and onions if you'd like. I didn't have any, so I used the powder and salt instead. Next time I hope to have some fresh.

* I didn't peel and cut my potatoes first, so they weren't ready to go into the pan once the pork chops were browned. I think this contributed to my potatoes not being all the way done after 30 minutes. I'll remember that next time.
  
* Since the pork chops were done while some of the potatoes still needed a few minutes more, I removed the pork chops and set them on a plate in the microwave (just to keep them warm) for a few minutes. When the potatoes were done, I added the pork chops back to the pan. 

* I served this with mixed veggies which was a good compliment and we liked it very well. 

We also had this  Muffin Tin Cobbler for dessert.

No comments: