UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Friday, May 23, 2014

Review: Chamberlain's Leather Milk Leather Care

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

This has got to be one of the best things there is for leather! I received a bottle of Chamberlain's Leather Milk care Liniment #1 to review. We have leather furniture so I thought I would use the leather milk on it  but once it arrived, I thought I'd throw a challenge down. 
If you read the story of our honeymoon trip, you know about the exploding champagne and the black leather coat. We still have it and I periodically get it out and wipe it off. I got it out to find that it was dry, stiff feeling and a few mildew spots had returned. 


I rubbed it down with the liniment and it immediately looked better and it was soft again!




You can faintly see spots where the mildew was but a great improvement.
  When the Mr got home and saw it he told me I should try it on his other leather coat... I asked where it was and he said "oh I hung it up in the basement. A. Few. Years. Ago." (Wife rolling eyes!)  I went down to find it, and yeah, it was BAD. 
The damp moisture had made a brown leather coat a shade of green that made me think of very unpretty things. Like vomit. It was also very dry and cracky feeling.



First I wiped the coat down with a wet washcloth to get the mildew off of it. That itself greatly improved the look. 

The Chamberlain's took that up several more notches! The coat regained most of it's rich brown color and softness. It will need another treatment or two but it looks and feels SO much better now!
Chamberlain's contains oils that can be described as ‘lighter’ rather than ‘heavier’ oil types; and, because the product is water-based, it also works as a mild cleaner. In practical terms what this means is that for leather items that benefit from being ‘refreshed’ frequently, without having to worry about overloading your leather with oils and conditioners…Leather Care Liniment is the perfect solution! For instance, leather coats, bags, auto interiors, and furniture…these are the kinds of things that are exposed to public scrutiny and human touch on a regular basis. You can use Leather Care Liniment often, for a quick, effective, cleaning and revitalizing result.
I am in LOVE with Chamberlain's! I want more so I can use it on every leather piece we own! 


Disclosure: The Happy Clown With A Frown received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: