UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Mother-in-law

I hear people crack jokes about their in laws and while I see the humor I can't really relate. Same goes for hateful or snide comments. I understand it. I just can't relate very well to any of it. You see, I have a Mother-in-law that I get along with, love dearly and like to think of as my friend. She is a rock for those of us around her. I have been with her son since he and I were teenagers, so we've been through a lot together. Don't get me wrong, we've had our tough moments too, but somehow it all worked out and over the years our relationship has grown. Knowing as much of her history as I do, I know parts of the long, winding and at times, very rough rough road she has had to travel. She has lived through and dealt with things I can only barely imagine and instead of giving up or giving in, she pushed forward. Instead of worrying about revenge against those who had done her wrong, she trusted in her faith and instead chose to "turn the other cheek". I have watched her continually give selflessly to everyone around her. She has always been there for us "kids" and is the best Granny you could ever hope for. I know I could never repay all she has given to me and all she has taught me. So when I saw this Samsung Women of Steel contest I HAD to nominate her! Please take a moment and visit the Contest Page and cast a vote for her. I can't thank you enough for helping me! She deserves it more than I can express with mere words!

No comments: