UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's Summer! Mosquitoes, Ants and Ticks O MY!!

We are just about smack dab in the middle of Summer and while our temperatures have been a little off, the humidity has been hanging around like a thick blanket. Does it every really go away in the South? I don't think so.... I have lived here for a few decades now and even now that humidity can make me feel like I am drowning! Add in the pest of summer and it can be down right icky! Sticky and icky! Such a great combo!

I thought I'd share with you what works for us... There are two things we could not do without during Summer: Sunscreen and bug bite relief.
One thing we use is Avon Skin So Soft Expedition Spray. It is great for sun protection with and SPF of 30 we are protected from the sun's rays.  It also has Bug Guard plus IR3535 to repel bugs and insects.



Bug Guard has always worked great for us. We apply it before heading out to play, go on a hike, the water park... anything that takes us outside. We have been on hikes in the woods after having applied this to our clothing, shoes, etc and watched others in our hiking group apply other brands of sprays, and a short time after starting the hike, seeing the others stopping to pick ticks off their kids clothes or hair. I then sprayed them with our Expedition and they weren't bothered by ticks for the rest of the hike! 

One other product I do not like being without is Absorbine Jr. I get it in the bottle of liquid with the sponge top applicator. I love this stuff! Now it is mainly labeled for rapid relief of sore muscles and arthritis pain, but on the back does mention that it is an effective first aid antiseptic for relief of non-poisonous insect bites 




. The number one reason I love it? A-N-T-S! We have all kinds here and they are nearly unavoidable. Somewhere along the way I discovered that if Absorbine Jr. is applied right when you are bitten by an ant, it stops it the reaction in it's tracks. It never develops into that itchy, pus-filled bump that can take weeks to heal. I carry a bottle out to the garden, keep it handy when our son is out playing, and it is in my bag every time we leave the house. 

SSS Expedition can be purchased from Avon or an Avon Representative. Absorbine Jr. can be found at pharmacies and stores.

So there you have it. Two products I trust and use to keep our summer fun and free of sunburn, bugs and bites!



Disclosure. I was not paid or compensated in any way for this post. I just wanted to share something that has worked consistently for me and my family. I USED to be an Avon Representative myself but am currently not one. These are my opinions alone and your opinion may differ from mine.

1 comment:

Saidah said...

We can't survive in the south without bug spray.