UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

UPDATE: Homemade Laundry Detergent

I have been using the homemade laundry detergent for several weeks now. I have used about 3/4 of a 100 ounce bottle. I can say I like it! Our clothes are clean, there is no unpleasant odor and it seems to do a good jobs on stains. I haven't crunched the numbers for comparison to the store bought, but the bottle I put the detergent is a saved Trend detergent bottle. The homemade detergent has lasted about the same amount of time as the store bought . And that's just the first 100 ounce bottle. I still have a 150 ounce and 2 100 ounce bottle left! I am happy with the results and savings too! I like that the Borax, washing soda and Fels-Naptha soap can also be used for other household chores too so it saves on other cleaning jobs. I am just starting to use the  homemade dishwasher detergent (Borax and Arm & Hammer Baking Soda), so I will have to wait a bit before offering up an opinion on that.

No comments: